Located in Fresno, California, Fowler Packing Company is the parent company to some of the industry’s most popular brands including Peelz Citrus, Samsons Grapes, G3 Development Company, and EMID Design Group. Fowler Packing was formed in 1950 as a small tree fruit operation and has grown into a trendsetter in quality, efficiency and sustainability. Today the company is built of over 700 full-time employees and frontrunners in agriculture, real estate, and interior design industries. If you are looking for an in-house position that offers a variety of work, this is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Summary/Objective: Fowler Packing Company has diversified its business into real estate development over the last 18 years becoming one of the largest developers of industrial distribution warehouses and master planned developments in the region. This position takes responsibility for managing construction activities for land and building developments including design and construction of industrial/warehouse facilities, tenant improvements as well multi-family and master planned development projects.
- Manage all elements of construction projects, including design, permitting, pre-construction, and value engineering.
- Create and manage project timelines and visual flow charts.
- Conduct thorough reviews of contractual agreements and documents.
- Formulate detailed budget plans, monitoring expenditure for all project-related costs, including property acquisition, infrastructure development, and construction.
- Lead consultants and contractors throughout the project lifecycle.
- Actively manage and oversee all stages of assigned development projects, including:
- Estimation of costs in the initial and pre-construction phases.
- Facilitating the acquisition of necessary permits and approvals for projects.
- Guiding the construction bidding process, including bid evaluation, awarding contracts, and handling negotiations.
- Ensure compliance with safety standards and quality control through regular on-site inspections.
- Lead the final stages of project completion.
- Maintain clear and effective communication with team members and upper management regarding project progress.
- Handle responses to build-to-suit or leasing proposals, including drafting of site and floor plans, budgeting, and scheduling. Lead regular development meetings to ensure alignment with company goals and timely achievement of developmental milestones.
- Strive for high levels of customer satisfaction in every project, aiming to exceed expectations.
- Keep abreast of local construction trends, material costs, and labor rates.
- Investigate innovative construction and design alternatives, focusing on value engineering that enhances developments without compromising functionality or long-term costs.
- Drive continuous innovation and improvement in company processes.
- A Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Architecture, or Engineering (Civil or Structural) is preferred but not mandatory.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in Civil Engineering, Architecture, or Construction.
- Prior experience in industrial development, local government approvals, and construction management is advantageous.
- Proven track record in project management, preferably with experience working for a general contractor or real estate development company.
- Self-starter with excellent multitasking, prioritization, and adaptability skills.
- Team player with strong problem-solving capabilities.
- Detail-focused, analytical, and highly organized.
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal, with proficient presentation skills.
- Competent in using software tools like MS Project, Google Earth, Bluebeam, and other standard Microsoft applications.
- Professional license (Engineer, Architect, Contractor, etc.) is beneficial but not essential.
- Committed to promoting a positive, solution-oriented attitude, emphasizing customer satisfaction, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- A personality that values fun and positivity in the workplace.
Life at Fowler
For 70 years, Fowler Packing has provided thousands of employees the opportunities to build a rewarding career that includes continued education, robust corporate culture, competitive compensation, benefits packages, and paid sick and holidays. Additionally, all employees enjoy complimentary meals at one of our two on-site cafeterias, and on-site health clinic visits at no cost.
Fowler Packing provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.