At Fruit Growers Supply Company, we’ve been providing growers, pickers, packers, and shippers in agriculture with everything under the sun since 1907. As the nation’s longest running non-profit supply cooperative, you won’t find an agricultural supplier with more experience, higher quality products, or better service. Whether it's supplies, irrigation design and installation, citrus wax, corrugated packaging, custom wooden shipping pallets, or timber sales –– we've got you covered.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Warehouse Sales Associate to join our team in Porterville, CA.
This is a great opportunity to start a career in the Produce Industry. Your primary function will be to ensure timely and accurate shipping and receiving of all materials, manage inventory and stock in an organized and efficient manner. while maintaining the warehouse, loading/unloading areas, and the warehouse yard.
The successful candidate will have:
- Adhere to all processes documented in receiving SOP’s
- Receive all incoming material within 24 hours
- Generate pallet tags for all incoming material
- Stock the warehouse with incoming material always adhering to bin locations, ensures accuracy of placement
- Follow first in/first out process when loading material
- Reconcile actual product shipped against vendor’s packing list, noting and reporting damage or discrepancies
- Matches vendor packing list to FGS purchase order noting and reporting discrepancies
- Stocks material(s) away in assigned location using the FIFO inventory system
- Prepares items to be shipped to customers and vendors
- Creates shipper’s bill of lading for materials being shipped
- Disburses paperwork through the appropriate channel to ensure proper records can be maintained
- Identifies and reports inventory discrepancies
- Timely communication with Buyers regarding status of direct order
- Conducts cycle counts as required (daily, weekly, monthly, etc.)
- Maintains and updates inventory locations as required
At Fruit Growers Supply Company, we believe that our strength and longevity is a result of the hard work and dedication from our employee’s contributions. We foster a safe and respectful work environment with diversity and inclusion for all employees. We aim to achieve a strong work/life balance for everyone by providing wellness education and benefits including holiday, vacation and sick time. We believe that when our employees are happy, so are our customers.
Your health and welfare are important to us and your benefits are an integral component to your overall compensation. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, life/AD&D insurance, long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, employee assistance programs, voluntary benefits for legal, short-term disability, pet insurance, identity theft coverage, employee-paid critical illness, and family care solutions for children and elderly.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.