Senior Human Resources Generalist will provide employee relations expertise, ensures compliance to policies and procedures, state and federal labor laws and benefits administration. Proactively support other functions within Human Resources as needs while providing a high level of customer service to all employees. Other related duties as required or assigned.
Essential Duties for all Employees
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment that promotes work safety and product integrity.
- Must follow all Safety, HACCP & GMP requirements always.
- Able to adapt to a fast-changing environment.
- Willing to be flexible to accommodate changing business needs.
- Promotes an environment of positive employee relations, maintaining confidentiality, establishing trust and credibility, seen by employees as approachable and fair, balance business needs with employee needs, and spends significant time interfacing directly with employees at our various locations.
- Serves as subject matter expert on employee relations and provides coaching and guidance to supervisors in matters of employee relations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements by staying up to date with existing and new legislation.
- Recommends and implements employee policies and procedures; Provide revisions to employee handbook on policies and procedures for legal review.
- Revises job descriptions as necessary; support annual salary surveys preparation; oversee in partnership with HR Director performance evaluation program.
- Collaborates with other members of the Human Resources team to implement Human Resources initiatives and proactively looks for ways to improve and/or enhance current functions within Human Resources
- Manages and audit I9’s.
- Administer Benefits programs.
a.Responsible for planning and administering all benefit programs.
b. Coordinate daily benefit processing, including enrollment and terminations.
c. Able to explain the details of the company’s benefit programs and resolve related issues in a timely manner.
d. Work collaboratively with payroll to ensure employer and employee deductions are processed accurately.
e. Manage Open Enrollment
f. Will work collaboratively with Human Resources Director to evaluate current benefit programs and make recommendations for improvement.
- Recommends new processes, policies, and procedures for continual improvements to bring efficiency for the department and customer service.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day between facilities, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be required for training.
- Other related duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- A minimum of 3 years’ progressive experience in a generalist role
- Demonstrated accuracy, the ability to prioritize, work independently under minimal supervision and attention to detail are critical to success in this position.
- Must be willing and able to travel between locations (Hollister and Morgan Hill) and provide multi shift support.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bilingual, Spanish
- Must be highly skilled in use of MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity
George Chiala Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.