Does your employer treat you and their customers/vendors like family?
Join Heartland Produce Company, where we are passionate about delivering consistently fresh produce from our family to yours! Every day, with excellence, we selflessly serve our customers, vendors, co-workers and community! We have fun while keeping it real – Real, Fresh, Produce!
Build and maintain relationships with customers to grow the business of our company and our customers. Working remotely and traveling within the upper Midwest. Sometime will be spent at our Kenosha, WI headquarters.
Hours: Variable - 7am to 5pm Monday thru Friday. Evenings and weekends as appropriate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate customer visits with inside sales staff and business development team
- Prepare and present engaging sales presentations to prospective and existing customers
- Work with customers and sales staff to locate opportunities for incremental sales
- Appropriately vet new customers
- Entertain customers as appropriate
- Communicate with customers daily
- Grow sales with new and existing accounts
- Go above and beyond for our customers to exceed expectations of quality, value, and service.
- Report on sales, profitability and other appropriate KPI’s to management
- High School diploma or equivalent required – associates/bachelor’s degree preferred
- Must be proficient in English (verbal and written)
- Previous customer service, sales or marketing experience is required
- Produce buying, sales and/or retail experience is required
- Highly detail-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience with specific ERP systems such as Produce Pro is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook
Benefits and Compensation
- Salary based on experience
- 100% paid insurance (Medical, Basic Life and Dental) for employees – eligible after 31 days
- 80% paid insurance (Medical and Dental) for dependents – eligible after 31 days
- Vision and Voluntary life insurance
- Short-term and Long-term disability coverage
- Critical Illness and Accident coverage
- Flex Spending Account
- Traditional 401(k) and Roth 401(k) - Employer match up to 5%
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- End of the year bonus
Advancement opportunities available to those willing to better themselves and the company by going above and beyond for our customers.
Work with us to deliver consistent results for our customers. We are excited to grow with you!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.