The Controller is responsible for overseeing the Company's financial activities and serving as a trusted business partner to the CEO. Duties will include preparation and analysis of financial statements, reports, summaries and forecasts for future business growth and related capital requirements. .
The successful candidate will be a hands-on senior member of the team and will work closely with the CEO helping to provide general leadership for the business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the Mission, Vision, and Values of the Company
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the annual budget and ongoing financial forecast in alignment with the company strategic plan
- Prepare and publish timely and accurate periodic financial statements. Ensure quality control and regulatory compliance over all financial transactions and reporting
- Ensure the Company’s accounts are reconciled
- Coordinate the preparation of any bank reporting
- Manage relationships with external partners relating to CPA, Auditors, Bankers
- Serve as a financial coach for the team and help the team in driving effective decision making.
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government tax requirements and filings
- Develop/document business processes and policies. Identify opportunities for improvement
- Additional Controller duties as necessary
- Proven hands-on operating experience in a distribution environment
- 10+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience. Produce industry a plus.
- Degree in Accounting from an accredited University, CPA a plus
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP accounting principles and procedures
- Experience in implementing and maintaining a cost accounting system
- Experience with inventory accounting
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Solid accounting software user & administration skills. Proficiency with Excel, Access, Word
- SAP or other ERP system experience. Experience with Produce Pro a strong plus
- Good communication skills
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.