The Controller is responsible for overseeing the Company's financial activities and serving as a trusted business partner to the CEO. Duties will include preparation and analysis of financial statements, reports, summaries and forecasts for future business growth and related capital requirements. .
The successful candidate will be a hands-on senior member of the team and will work closely with the CEO helping to provide general leadership for the business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the Mission, Vision, and Values of the Company
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the annual budget and ongoing financial forecast in alignment with the company strategic plan
- Prepare and publish timely and accurate periodic financial statements. Ensure quality control and regulatory compliance over all financial transactions and reporting
- Ensure the Company’s accounts are reconciled
- Coordinate the preparation of any bank reporting
- Manage relationships with external partners relating to CPA, Auditors, Bankers
- Serve as a financial coach for the team and help the team in driving effective decision making.
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government tax requirements and filings
- Develop/document business processes and policies. Identify opportunities for improvement
- Additional Controller duties as necessary
- Proven hands-on operating experience in a distribution environment
- 10+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience. Produce industry a plus.
- Degree in Accounting from an accredited University, CPA a plus
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP accounting principles and procedures
- Experience in implementing and maintaining a cost accounting system
- Experience with inventory accounting
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Solid accounting software user & administration skills. Proficiency with Excel, Access, Word
- SAP or other ERP system experience. Experience with Produce Pro a strong plus
- Good communication skills