Our team is looking for an H2A Program Manager to join our family and work out of our Palmetto, Florida corporate headquarters office.
The H2A Program Manager will be responsible for coordinating the company’s strategic seasonal labor procurement from Mexico. This role will report to our Director of ESG and will be the primary executor of H2A tasks to help achieve PTG’s short and long-term labor goals.
The H2A Program Manager will serve as a link between upper management strategic direction and employees for all H2A-related items. The H2A Program Manager will field H2A-related questions and help resolve H2A-related issues in a professional and timely manner. The H2A Program Manager will ensure compliance with corporate policy, corporate partner standards, fair employment practices, and government regulations. The H2A Program Manager will handle employee documentation and adhere to PTG HR policies. This role will have full responsibility for our H2A program, including compliance with the US Department of Labor (DOL) and USCIS, as well as assisting with housing and transportation requirements for the program.
- Bilingual (English & Spanish) (able to read, write, & communicate effectively in both).
- Four-year degree in human resources, business administration, or a related field from an accredited institution – OR – an equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- Prior work experience managing and administering an H2A program or similar immigration program.
- 2-3+ years of prior agricultural industry experience preferred.
- Highly organized.
- Excellent cultural sensitivity skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to switch-tasks and operate effectively in stressful situations.
- Ability to research and familiarize oneself with complex laws, regulations, and programs along with the comprehension and execution of such items.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Strong knowledge of computer business applications including Teams, Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Workload can fluctuate with seasonality, up to 55 hours/week as necessary.
- Flexibility to travel between Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, and Mexico as necessary to assist recruits throughout the H2A process & maintain an effective/timely H2A program.
- Valid US driver’s license & clean DMV record .
Able to pass background check Responsibilities & Duties:
- Administer the company’s Temporary Agricultural Workers program (H2A).
- Ensure compliance with U.S. Department of Labor, Federal and State rules, regulations, and procedures as related to employment, safety, and immigration/work visa requirements.
- Conduct H2A employee orientation and safety training as needed.
- Handle all H2A employee matters related to wages, workers compensation, insurance, housing, transportation, etc
- Act as a 1st point of contact for H2A-related matters.
- Maintain meticulous records for potential audits and inspections.
- Ensure overall, up-to-date knowledge of industry changes, specifically related to the H2A program and ongoing requirements.
- Review, develop, and maintain policies and procedures related to farm labor including updated legislation, current issues, and/or any other situation which may warrant changes in policies, guidelines, or procedures.
- Prepare & update H2A contracts.
- Review & submit invoices related to H2A contract processing.
- Represent PTG in employee related hearings and/or investigations.
- Work with PTG legal counsel as needed.
- Grasp the current PTG H2A process & be part of making improvements to it.
- Ensure H2A employees follow PTG guidelines, rules, and policies.
- Special projects as assigned by ownership &/or Supervisor.
- Strongly supports and promotes company mission, vision, & values internally, in the industry and community.
- Responsible to behave in a professional manner consistent with company policies and standards of conduct. This includes, but it is not limited to confidentiality, punctuality, attendance, respect, teamwork, positive attitude, and leading by example.
- Abide by and enforce all company policies, conduct and safety rules.
- Liaise between PTG and regulatory government agencies on recruiting, housing, transportation, and worker abandonment / termination notices.
- Process and review applicants to evaluate qualifications or eligibility.
- Explain PTG policies, benefits, and procedures to job applicants or employees.
- Create & update SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) for the H2A process.
- Assist job applicants as needed to complete necessary forms for visa processing.
- Manage recruiting centers, lodging and meals for applicants in Mexico.
- Work with our H2A onboarding tool (Croft).
- Interface with our H2A 3rd party entities (Agrocers for coordinating consulate visits, lodging, food & transport) (Low Country for H2A contract submissions & filing).
- Interface with our HR Dept and Executive MGMT team to understand the H2A labor needs of our operations within our rotating agriculture seasons/locations.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.