Your role and potential!
Coordinate and support procurement and sourcing activities, with the goal of delivering category performance, value, and supply inventory levels. This role works closely with the Sales, Procurement, Marketing, Operations, Food Safety, and Quality Control departments; and includes critical activities such as inventory analysis, category product status, availability, and inventory management.
Learn our operation, products, and industry:
- Compile and analyze data relating to customer order and pricing trends, industry supply data and market position.
- Analyze competitive market reports and generate summary/conclusion reports.
- Support customer inquiries relating to inventory, pricing, and transportation research.
- Assist the sales team with presentations or campaign-related materials.
- Proactively communicate findings, ideas, and order statuses.
- Supports the development of negotiation and sourcing strategies through analysis and opportunity identification within the fruit categories.
- Support Category Managers by allocating to the sales department orders’ the appropriate commodities.
- Understand/apply Quality Control Reports in how they are applied to sales and category related tasks.
- Support Category Managers by acting as primary conduit for QC and Operations on commodity-based inquiries.
- Prepare cost analysis, budgeting, and reporting.
- Proficiently employ programs and project management tools and techniques.
- Proactively analyze problems and recommend options for strategic execution and tactical category management issues.
- Assist the procurement and accounting in the claims and grower account reconciliation process.
- Work with growers to ensure accurate inventory records.
- Supports the accounts payable invoice validation and approval processing.
- Repack and Value add processing and program support.
- Maintains records of goods ordered and received.
- Builds and maintains relationships with vendors and growers
- Evaluates vendors and growers based on quality, timeliness, and price.
- Coordinates with management to monitor inventory and determine supply needs.
- Stays current with purchasing technology trends and solutions.
- Stays current with commodity markets.
- Provide support and backup to other departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you bring to the team!
- Enthusiasm to learn products and service offerings.
- Independently multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- An appetite to learn quickly in a fast-paced team environment.
- Detail-oriented approach with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to develop proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, report generation, and analysis.
- Team Player, assertive, friendly, and effective collaboration, and communication skills required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adapt and function effectively in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
Education / Experience / Certifications:
- Working on attaining one of the following bachelor’s or masters degrees or recent graduate with a degree in, Agriculture, Agriculture Marketing, Food Marketing, Supply Chain, Logistics, Business, or related field; or equivalent years of experience in marketing, sales, or operations of fresh produce.
Physical Requirements and Working Environment:
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk, standing, speaking on the phone, and working on a computer.
- Occasional local and overnight travel as required.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.