Established in 1994, Pacific Trellis Fruit is one of North America’s top year-round growers, packers and marketers of premium fresh fruit: including grapes, peaches, plums, nectarines, cherries, and citrus as well as pears, apples and kiwis. With the acquisition of Dulcinea Farms in 2014, PTF added PureHeart® mini seedless watermelons, Tuscan Style™ Cantaloupe and SunnyGold® yellow mini seedless watermelons to its portfolio.
We are looking for an Entry Level Salesperson/Sales Assistant in our Gloucester City, NJ office to join our team.
A successful candidate will have the ability to assist the East Coast Sales Staff with existing day to day sales activities as well as develop and maintain a light roster of accounts to be directly managed by this individual. This person will have the opportunity to grow in knowledge and responsibility within the sales organization based on an individual development plan. This person should be a self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- College degree preferred.
- 2+ years of produce industry experience. Previous sales track experience a strong plus.
- Strong Microsoft office skills.
- Ability to work with a variety of proprietary and common industry software.
- Previous experience with iTrade, Foodlink, and/or customer proprietary e-commerce platforms a strong plus.
- After office hours availability a must.
- Excellent communicator and with good problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail and highly organized.
- Ability to travel and integrate with existing sales staff and management.
- Position is based in Gloucester City, NJ. Working remotely is not an option at this time.
- Bi-Lingual English/Spanish a plus but not required.
- Primary person in the East Coast office for order entry and utilizing various e-commerce platforms such as iTrade, including regular after office hours maintenance.
- Being familiar with quality control reports on multiple commodities and being able to apply that knowledge to fulfill specific customer requirements.
- Primary conduit and coordinator between the sales team and third-party service providers.
- Ability to travel to trade shows, customer visits, and to other offices within the company as required by sales.
- Develop and maintain a light roster of accounts with a mixed focus on retail, foodservice, and wholesale designed to give insight into various industry segments.
- Primary backup for existing strategic accounts as designated by the sales staff.
- Being able to work with and generate various reports timely, accurately, and direct to the appropriate people within the company.
- Other tasks that assist the sales department as needed.