Prima® Wawona sets a new industry standard for flavor and quality. With over 150 years of combined family farming experience, the union between Gerawan Farming and Wawona Packing ushers in a new era of category leadership and commitment to consumer satisfaction.
We have an immediate opening for a Refrigeration Technician to join our team in Fresno, CA.
The Refrigeration Technician is responsible for preventative maintenance and troubleshooting of an industrial ammonia refrigeration system as well as all other physical systems associated with a cold storage facility such as electrical, water and general building maintenance and repair.
This is an outstanding opportunity for the right person to join and contribute to a well established company.
- 5 years of related experience OR completion of technical school training in the field of HVAC.
- RETA or IIAR Certificates preferred but not required.
- Experience and other training or certification may be substituted for education.
- Basic knowledge of industrial ammonia refrigeration system design, maintenance, and operation.
- Ability to utilize consultation and advisory data and information such as plant operations reports and policies, engineering reports, State and Local regulations and standards, purchase orders, non-routine email correspondence, OSHA regulations, computer software, operating manuals and organizational analysis.
- Basic algebra and ability to calculate percentages and decimals.
- Ability to recognize and identify similarities or differences between characteristics of colors, shapes and sounds associated with job-related objects, materials, and tasks.
- Excellent people management and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred but not required.