Who are we?
Produce Alliance specializes in delivery of fresh produce to restaurants and other foodservice operators at higher quality and better prices. We provide fresh produce category management services including procurement, national distribution, information services, and food safety assurance to food service clients across North America, the Caribbean and beyond. Produce Alliance manages an alliance of 50+ independently owned specialty distributors of fresh products. Each distributor is carefully selected and commits to full compliance with our audited distribution, purchasing, and category management programs designed for client success. As a Buyers Edge Platform company, we are committed to providing our clients with unprecedented service, superior access to high-quality fresh produce, commodity expertise and strategic supply chain solutions.
This position is hybrid based out of our Salinas, CA office. We are unable to offer work sponsorship for this role.
We are looking for an organized and detail-oriented Procurement Sales Coordinator who can contribute to the achievement of sales goals by supporting sales representatives, foster good customer/shipper relationships, coordinating accurate loading and billing. Problem-solving and the ability to prioritize are important factors as well.
- Help team increase sales and meet goals of the team
- Execute the day-to-day buying on contract, including but not limited to order entry, cross-checking order confirmations, and making necessary revisions
- Front-facing with customers in communicating difficult situations concerning an ever-changing market with hundreds of distributors
- Execute custom contracts and some open market buys specified by the team week-to-week
- Maintain accurate contract pricing
- Work with the custom team and be available for custom meetings and rollouts
- Work with growers to ensure accurate loading
- Field phone calls and emails to assist with truck needs or loading issues
- Foster relationships with growers and distributors
- Make sure that compliance is being met on contracts
- Complete Troubleshoot/claims reports and a detailed list of all claims tickets
- Making sure files are marked correctly for claims
- Keep a detailed list of all claims reports for the Buyer(s) you’ll assist
- Enter claims into the system and follow up on addressing, resolving, and closing out all claims in a timely manner
- Excel experience required
- High attention to detail
- Good follow-through and organizational skills
- Bachelor's degree preferred but not necessary
- 1+ year(s) of accounting experience preferred
What's in this for you?
Amazing coverages to start. Medical, dental, and vision coverages are just the beginning! We also offer ancillary plans, such as flexible spending accounts for both health and dependent care, critical illness, accident, and voluntary life as well as company paid life and long-term-disability plans! On top of this, we also offer a 401(k) plan with company match.
Invest in your success. We will provide you with a thorough training and development program; and offer competitive compensation.
Live well = Work well. Relax with our Personal Responsibility Paid Time Off policy where you don’t have to accrue time off in order to take it!
We welcome all.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.