Who are we?
Buyers Edge Platform (“BEP”) was born out of the 20-year growth and success of its founding companies Dining Alliance, Buyers Edge and Consolidated Concepts. BEP is technology enabled group purchasing network, compromised of over 20 companies which have joined BEP by virtue of aggressive mergers and acquisition strategies. BEP provides group purchasing services, SaaS based technology solutions, and supply chain based consulting and procurement related services to foodservice operators across many verticals, including restaurants (independents as well as multiunit, chains and franchise concepts), hospitality (hotels, casinos, resorts), healthcare (LTC based operators), colleges & universities and array of other foodservice based operators (food trucks, caterers, amusement parks and other leisure based operators). BEP represents over $12 Billion in annual buying power across the country. At the core of the “Platform” is the InsideTrack software, which provides powerful data management, contract management, and analytics tools to businesses in the foodservice value chain. We are committed and passionate about our mission to keep foodservice operators thriving by saving them money and increasing the quality of their products.
Buyers Edge Platform has multiple brands that serve as produce management advisors to restaurants, hotels, and other foodservice operators. These companies assist with securing produce contracts, specifying produce quality, monitoring produce safety and other functions that make produce sourcing and purchasing more profitable for our clients. The Buyers Edge Platform Produce Operations team supports the sales and operating teams for both Produce Alliance and Fresh Concepts. Produce Alliance and Fresh Concepts are two produce management brands within the Buyers Edge Platform organization. This team combines technology and solutions to spark innovation to better support clients and key stakeholders by creating more efficient processes.
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking a Produce Support Specialist who enjoys working as a team towards common goals, has a solutions-oriented approach and a positive attitude. Extensive paid training is provided!
This remote position will be based in the Chicago, IL region and you will maintain a home office in geographically assigned area while not traveling. We are unable to provide sponsorship for work authorization for this role.
- Responsible for managing produce quality visits for roughly 30-40 Food Service Distributors and the clients we service within those market.
- Cultivate relationships with our distribution partners, and work within our company’s guiding principles while conducting client location visits and distributor business reviews. Client location visits include scoring product quality, storage, and handling training, consulting on application and pack size recommendations, and receiving feedback from client locations related to distributor service levels.
- Client service evaluation reports share this scoring, feedback, and suggestions.
- Take ownership of all tasks related to the distributors and clients you manage, support client locations by responding to requests for service-oriented solutions.
- Directly support our clients & account management team.
- Must be willing to travel at least 50% of the time, as distributors and client locations will be managed in multiple states and select instances outside the continuous 48 states.
- Ability to articulate feedback and evaluation criteria in a prompt manner.
- Must be curious to learn and apply critical thinking to projects.
- Experience in Restaurants or the Food Service Industry is preferred. Extensive paid training is provided.
- Must be curious to learn and apply critical thinking to a wide range of project.
- Support client locations by responding to requests for service-oriented solutions.
What's in this for you?
Amazing coverages to start. Medical, dental, and vision coverages are just the beginning! We also offer ancillary plans, such as flexible spending accounts for both health and dependent care, critical illness, accident, and voluntary life as well as company paid life and long-term-disability plans! On top of this, we also offer a 401(k) plan with company match.
Invest in your success. We will provide you with a thorough training and development program; and offer competitive compensation.
Live well = Work well. Relax with our Personal Responsibility Paid Time Off policy where you don’t have to accrue time off in order to take it! We also have half-day Summer Fridays!
We welcome all.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.