Maintenance Tech will be responsible for repairing and maintaining all packaging and manufacturing equipment within the facility. Additionally, they will be assisting management with the implementation of world class maintenance program utilizing new technology to track and monitor equipment condition, asset health, and downtime.
Role and Responsibilities
- Assist maintenance team with implementation of condition. based maintenance (CBM) program into the facility.
- Responsible for managing a team on best practices, policies and procedures while mentoring and leading the team of employees.
- Mentor Facilities Tech II for succession planning.
- Responsible for logging of daily rounds of all critical manufacturing equipment Boilers, pumps, compressors etc.
- Assist with maintaining and operating related equipment, ammonia, cooling systems, water systems such as potable, treated, district, well and storage.
- Assist with maintain facility and grounds.
- Assist with fuel management, maintenance of automated equipment and operations.
- Assist with IT and reporting when needed.
- Conduct weekly tailgate training.
- Work with a computerized maintenance management system.
- Understand and learn equipment and technical manuals.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all employees and customers.
- Perform predictive maintenance tasks as assigned as well as reactive maintenance as business dictates.
- Monitor employee’s performance and conduct coaching, counseling, and performance reviews.
- Assist with back-up operations and coverage.
- Participate in rotating on-call work schedules.
- Responsible to follow good manufacturing and farming practices when working in areas that come into direct contact with food.
- Assist with facility set-up and project developments in any area that requires assistance including but not limited to labor supervision and equipment installation.
- Assist with cycle counts.
- Complete other miscellaneous functions as business dictates.
- Assist when needed with emergency administration.
- Assist and perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Three years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing facility, or 2-year degree in a related field
- Ability to read blueprints, electrical schematics, and parts diagrams
- Preferred Skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft suite
- Building Utilities Maintenance or Mechatronics Degree
- Electrical troubleshooting experience
- Experience with roll stock packaging equipment and robotics
- Ability to work in a cold environment (34-38 degrees) for part of your day
- Ability to work in a warm/humid (80-100 degrees) environment for part of your day
- Food Safety PPE required to be worn at all times
- Standing non sit-down position
- Repetitive arm, shoulder, and hand movement the entirety of the shift
- Ability to lift to 50 lbs.
- Vacation based on an accrual basis
- Holiday Pay
- 401k plan with 4% company match after 6 months of employment
- Health and Dental Insurance benefits
- COVID-19 Precautions:
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.