Since 1923, Sambrailo Packaging has provided innovative solutions that improve product handling to the ag industry, and we've done it with exceptional customer service. In today's evolving marketplace, we strive to help customers improve their efficiency with a full spectrum of resource management services related to packaging operations; procurement and replenishment; vendor and supplier management; unit-level traceability and compliance; and packaging development, testing and qualification.
Sambrailo services our customers through our 7 facilities located in Watsonville, Aromas, Castroville, Salinas, Santa Maria and Lompoc. We employ over 300 team members and proudly offer a positive working environment and full range of benefits that are unrivaled in our industry.
We are looking for a Procurement & Pricing Manager for our Watsonville, CA location.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following as well as other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned.
- Managing the Procurement Team, comprised of 3 direct reports; Corrugated Buyer, Master Planner, & Clamshell Buyer.
- Develop, communicate and administer procurement team performance and development plans.
- Lead transformational activities to build procurement organizational capabilities and improve procurement efficiency. Includes developing, tracking, and reporting key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Serve as the primary contact for procurement related questions, training, policy and procedure interpretation and alignment by all departments.
- Managing Vendor relationships and negotiations. Includes monitoring supplier performance and ensuring contractual obligations are met.
- Ensure and maintain complete cross-training among staff members to ensure redundancy and mitigate company risk.
Responsibility for the following processes:
- Necessary supplier pre-season production planning and during season monitoring. Includes managing technological systems that track the shipment, inventory and supply of materials.
- Monitoring customer forecast vs. actual sales for procurement forecast adjustment.
- Maintaining customer mandated supplier allocations.
- Monitoring COGs for adherence to original costing/pricing.
- Process purchase orders; develops bids and proposals, and reconcile any invoice discrepancies.
- Continual oversight of key activities of the department, including:
- Corrugated purchasing, allocations, and supplier inventories for all customers
- Clamshell purchasing and order requests from warehouse managers.
- Reviews provided supplier allocations, inventories, and YTD volumes to determine which suppliers to use.
- Lead and direct pricing strategy formulation and take necessary pricing actions to enhance profitability, ensuring integrity and accuracy in all pricing matters.
- Assist with pricing negotiations of customers’ proposals.
- Conduct oral presentations, field research and cost revisions. This also requires thinking about the going rates for similar products in the industry, in order to maintain competitiveness.
- Maintain and regularly update a pricing history database.
- Define new business procedures, evaluate resource requirements and stimulate implementation or maintenance of pricing system.
- Manage total pricing procedure, enhance processes to make most of efficiencies and ensure timely response to market conditions.
- Partner with operations, logistics, sales and finance departments to ensure integrated profit maximizing approach to market and smooth, timely delivery.
- Analyze financial impact of price approach in view of overall history as well as profitability of customer.
Responsibility for the following processes:
- Receives quote requests from sales.
- Reviews quotes and clarifies intent.
- Determines and coordinates best procurement approach (i.e. keeping in mind existing inventories, lead times, purchase quantities, and projected forecast)
- Coordinates and includes other pricing (freight, print plates, cutting dies, make-up fees)
- Provides pricing to Sales and collaborates with them on final prices to present to customer.
- Notifies all relevant parties of items, quantities, prices, and need by dates figured in Purchase Agreements that are approved. (i.e. label purchase price break, price, and when its needed)
- Margin Monitoring
- Responsible for reviewing current margins for issues/concerns.
- Utilizes signed PA’s and figured margins as a comparison.
- Notifies relevant department where issues arise.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- 5-10 years of experience
- Prior experience in procurement required.
- Prior experience in packaging is desirable.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures with conformance to the prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information.
- Ability to work with general mathematical concepts.
- Ability to apply concepts such as percentages and ratios to pricing situations.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be well organized and a self-starter.
- Must possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize in accordance with changing deadlines and priorities.
- Must be even-tempered and team spirited - a good sense of humor is desirable.
- Must have knowledge of raw materials, production processes, and costs.
- Must be able to control costs and analyze cost effectiveness of services and supplies.
- Must be able to make sound independent decisions based on available data.
- Must be able to work with a variety of personalities in an effective manner.
- Must have high attention to detail and be able to demonstrate this through past success.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.