As the Compost Quality Control, you will be responsible for ensuring the production of premium-quality compost, the foundation for successful mushroom cultivation. Your expertise and meticulous attention to detail will play a critical role in maintaining the highest standards of compost quality throughout our operations.
1. Quality Control Oversight:
- Develop and implement comprehensive quality control protocols to monitor compost production processes, ensuring adherence to industry standards and company requirements.
- Conduct regular inspections and tests on raw materials, ingredients, and finished compost to assess quality and identify any deviations from established specifications.
2. Documentation and Reporting:
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of compost quality control activities, including test results, inspection reports, and actions taken to address any issues.
3. Supplier Management:
- Foster strong relationships with compost ingredient suppliers, ensuring their compliance with quality specifications and standards.
- Conduct periodic supplier audits to assess adherence to quality control requirements, resolve non-compliance issues, and maintain an approved supplier list.
- Collaborate with the procurement team to evaluate potential new suppliers, reviewing their quality systems and negotiating contracts.
4. Training and Education:
- Develop training programs and materials to educate personnel on compost quality control procedures, emphasizing best practices and quality standards.
- Bachelor's degree in agriculture, biology, environmental science, or a related field. A master's degree is a plus.
- Proven experience in quality control management, preferably in the agricultural or horticultural industry.
- In-depth knowledge of mushroom composting processes, ingredients, and quality parameters.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret test results accurately.
- Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Proficiency in using quality control software, spreadsheet applications, and data analysis tools.
- Familiarity with relevant regulations and certifications related to compost production (e.g., organic certifications) is desirable.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.