True® is the worldwide leader in diverse and innovative production of organic fertilizers. We are a family-owned business who respectfully treats our growers’ land as if it were our own. We are passionately dedicated to manufacturing the highest quality, safest and easiest-to-handle organic fertilizers developed exclusively to help you grow your business.
We have an immediate opening for a Plant Manager to join us in our Boardman, Oregon facility.
The Plant Manager performs a variety of operational functions and internal functions that support company goals; responsible for production, inspection and distribution of products or services for commercial customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs assignments in accordance with established safety policies and procedures.
- Adheres to the Quality Policy, including all items assigned to this position in accordance with safety policies, procedures, and work instructions.
- Complies with the code of conduct and standards set forth in the Employee Handbook.
- Displays appropriate work ethics in the workplace and group setting which provides a positive influence on co-workers.
- Assures that all work assigned to the position is performed in accordance with specifications, instructions and requirements.
- Maintains good housekeeping and clean working areas in assigned work sites.
- Works with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency.
- Wears required Personal Protective Equipment.
- Plans, organizes, and manages the daily and overnight operations of the Plant.
- Collaborates with the executive staff to define and articulate the organization’s vision and to develop strategies for achieving that vision.
- Responsible for plant operation and maintenance, establishes plant policies and procedures.
- Responsible for plant production goals, establishes and maintains community relations.
- Responsible for maintaining a well-trained and motivated staff.
- Leads team to maximize return on net assets.
- Ensures that safe reliable methods are developed and followed in accordance with OSHA and corporate requirements.
- Role model for plant leadership team regarding on-the-job behavior, integrity, fairness and positive work attitudes.
- Effectively communicates plans, goals, performance expectations, and results.
- Effectively conducts performance evaluations ensuring a performance driven culture.
- Supports and actively provides hands-on assistance in efforts to achieve business goals.
- Supports, coaches and provides direction to leads and production employees in our pursuit of world class performance in safety, productivity, quality, customer satisfaction, and cost control.
- Supports, coordinates, requests or provides training and education for employees as a necessary foundation for continuous improvement.
- Initiates and facilitates effective problem-solving processes.
- Provides leadership for process improvement and optimization of plant processes and Safe Reliable Methods.
- Oversees and participates in daily business activities and facility operating systems, productions, loading, maintenance, repair and improvement, custodial services, safety and security operations.
- Determines staffing requirements, and works with human resources department to interview, hire and train new employees, or oversees those personnel processes.
- Improves the operational systems, processes and policies in support of organizations mission -- specifically, supports better management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning.
- Drives initiatives in the management team and organization that contribute to long-term operational excellence.
- Contributes to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy as a member of the management team.
- Maintains excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- Demonstrates commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace.
- Excellent people manager, open to direction and collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done.
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization.
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view.
- Delegates responsibilities effectively.
- Demonstrates good business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Maintains excellent communication and interpersonal skills; both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledgeable in human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation; psychological research methods; and the assessment and treatment of behavioral and affective disorders.
- Knowledgeable in relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Performs related duties as required and designated by the CEO of True Organic Products, Inc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Employee normally is required to stand. Employee is occasionally required to sit; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Employee must frequently lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
REPORTS TO: CEO
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock; and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to occasionally loud.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions that include dust, wind and sun.
- Environment at plant is dirty, dusty, odiferous, and 24/7 in all types of weather.