Tudor Ranch, Inc is a 3rd generation family farm that specializes in growing, packaging, and distributing fresh California table grapes, lemons, and medjool dates. The family farms and packing facility are located in the picturesque Coachella Valley 40 miles southeast of Palm Springs in the agricultural community of Mecca.
We are seeking an Accounting Manager for our Mecca, CA location. This is an on-site full-time exempt position reporting to the ownership. Weekend work may be required during the grape harvest season and at fiscal-year ends.
- Maintaining and reconciling the general ledger.
- Reviewing and reconciling bank statement on a monthly basis.
- Provide tax professionals information needed for fiscal-year end close and for tax filings.
- Managing accounting and human resource personnel.
- Reviewing and renewing general liability, auto and worker’s compensation insurance coverages.
- Providing ownership with analysis in regard to the growing operations.
- Reviewing/processing weekly payroll, payroll tax payments and other payroll liabilities.
- Assisting the sales department with invoicing and reviewing the A/R aging report.
- Generating and/or downloading reports utilizing Produce Pro software.
Qualified applicants must have:
- A 4-year accounting degree or equivalent
- 5 years of agricultural experience-desired
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Experience with HR laws and helpful if pertaining to California agricultural labor. Familiarity with California piece-rate legislation - AB1513 is helpful (time-keeping, non-productive time, breaks, etc.)
- Knowledge with Produce Pro ERP software and Datatech HR/Payroll software desired
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Spanish a plus
- Competent in data reporting and analysis
- Compensation: $110,000 - $140,000 DOE
- Paid time off
- Paid sick time
- Other fun benefits
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.