Family-owned and operated, The VPS Companies has celebrated more than 65 years of operations as a frozen food marketing and solutions-based company. Our home office is in Watsonville, CA with capabilities to source products worldwide. We pride ourselves on teamwork, flexibility, and meeting our goals.
We are offering an outstanding opportunity for a Regulatory Compliance Director to join our team in Watsonville, CA.
As the Regulatory Compliance Director, you will provide leadership and technical expertise to manage regulatory, food safety and quality for all VPS Companies. This individual will work closely with the President, Vice Presidents of Sales, and Food Safety Managers and Supervisors across VPS Companies to ensure compliance to federal, state, and local regulatory and food safety directives.
The person we’re looking for has:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Microbiology, or other related field. Master’s Degree in Food Science, Microbiology or other related field preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in a regulatory role in the food industry or another related field, 2 of those years in a supervisory role
- Advanced working knowledge of regulatory requirements and programs to include the FDA, USDA, OSHA, FSMA, HACCP, FSVP, GFSI, State Legislation, Organic, Kosher, etc
- Advanced working knowledge and experience in conducting and responding to audits
- Knowledge of food plant processing including equipment/processing, equipment design, food safety, auditing principles, quality programs, and sanitation practices
- Strong communication skills to educate colleagues and effectively respond to inquiries from various government entities, customers, and suppliers
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret governmental regulations, scientific and technical journals, and other related documents in order to provide recommendations
- High detailed oriented
Working for a mid-sized, 3rd generation family-owned business offers unique and enjoyable careers. Our organization enjoys a low turnover rate because of a family-focused environment that is dedicated to quality work and success, not the number of hours worked per week.
We offer a rich benefits package to include medical, dental, company profit share, 401k, paid time off, paid holidays, and holiday celebrations throughout the year.
We know you’ll enjoy working here just as much as we do.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.