We have an immediate opportunity for a Night Shipping Supervisor in Watsonville, CA.
The Night Shipping Supervisor will be responsible for directing and overseeing all activities necessary for the safe and efficient operation of receiving, cross-docking, order-selection, routing, shipping, inventory, and other general warehouse activities. Must be able to maintain a firm hand of all aspects of operations and sustain an effective balance of communication between various department heads. Additionally, the Night Shipping Supervisor will be responsible to maintain a warehouse in full compliance with Cal OSHA, food safety, wage & hour laws, and other Federal, State, and local regulations.
We are wanting a warehouse and shipping professional with the experience and education to take full charge of our night-time operations. They will manage a staff of supervisors by providing guidance, training, and motivation to develop skills to establish a high-performance work team.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Safety Focus - Adheres to all workplace rules, regulations, standards, and practices. Safely performs work at all times. Routinely inspects equipment, and adheres to the proper maintenance schedule.
- Ethics & Integrity - Earns others’ trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions.
- Knowledge of Work - Posses and utilizes knowledge of the job which is essential to perform the specific functions and related work.
- Quality of Work - Accomplishes an appropriate volume of satisfactory work under normal conditions. Checks work to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Quantity of Work - Consistently demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness, neatness, and dependability to produce work within acceptable standards.
- Timeliness - Completes assignments on or ahead of schedule.
- Ability to Learn New Duties - Interprets, learns, and responds to instructions for new situations, procedures, or methods.
- Judgment & Common Sense - Decisions/actions are sound, including safety awareness.
- Cooperation & Relationship Building - Willing to work with others toward common goals. Builds constructive working relationships characterized by a high level of acceptance, cooperation, and mutual respect.
- Communication - Demonstrates the relevance and clarity of written and oral expression. Effectiveness in exchanging ideas and information.
- Initiative - Ability to originate, develop, or create new ideas or take steps to get things done.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and evaluates alternate solutions and selection of the most appropriate course of action.
- Must pass pre-employment background, physical and drug screen, and DMV motor vehicle report.
- 5 years of successful experience in shipping with at least 5 years supervising a productive shipping team.
- Read, write & effectively communicate verbally in English (bilingual a plus).
- Perform basic arithmetic (i.e., addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division) and uses basic numerical concepts (e.g., whole numbers, percentages) to complete job tasks.
- Must be computer literate and proficient with common computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook email.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.