Overview of Position: Blueberries Category Manager - Responsible for the development and management of produce assortment, pricing, and promotional strategy in partnership with the VP of Category Management and Sr. Category Manager as needed. Responsible for actively leading the blueberry category to achieve the Company’s vision of delivering exceptional value for our customers/vendors and exporters/growers. Own and manage the sales, business growth, and vendor relationships across this category. Besides the avocado category management, the candidate is expected to sell and market all Kopke produce items as needed.
- Responsible for the full P&L for the blueberry category.
- Manage product life cycle from procurement to marketing to completion and final payment.
- Responsible for the monthly review and reporting of all aspects of the category’s product and KPI’s managed.
- Responsible for business development with existing customers as well as new potential activity. Partner closely with VP when procuring/reviewing new leads.
- Develop strategies and execute plans that will further the company’s mission, metrics, and business strategy.
Develop, grow, and maintain strong relationships with customers/clients/vendors/
- Work with external and internal teams to develop sales and promotional plans to meet category goals and objectives.
- Work closely with internal Operations and planning teams to manage inventory and ensure availability.
- Sell daily inventory of blueberries and other produce offered by the Organization as needed. Be actively engaged and involved in the full cycle from actively selling to following up on the payment, Accounts Receivable process.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Minimum 5+ years of fresh produce experience (in buying & selling roles) with a specific focus on blueberries.
- Great negotiation skills and category advancements.
- Experience managing and creating new categories of business in alignment with the company’s vision and strategy.
- Initiative-taker, resourceful and great work ethic.
- Excellent planning, execution, and project management skills.
- Critical thinker, strong financial acumen.
- Strong team player.
Work location and expectations:
- Flexibility required according to business needs.
- Travel as needed.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.