We are looking for a skilled Accounting Clerk to perform a variety of accounting, bookkeeping and financial tasks.
Accounting Clerk responsibilities include keeping financial records updated, preparing reports and reconciling bank statements. You will also run accounting software programs (e.g. Produce Pro) to process business transactions, like accounts payable and receivable, disbursements, expense vouchers and receipts. A successful accounting clerk should be familiar with all accounting procedures and have a flair for numbers.
Ultimately, a successful Accounting Clerk will ensure that the company’s daily accounting functions run accurately and effectively.
- Accurate typing skills, 10 key by touch
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Two years of processing/accounting/data entry
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced work environment
- Able to complete tasks accurately and timely with minimal supervision
- Execute on all aspects of accounting operations, including but not limited to A/P (ACH experience), A/R (Collections), deposits, fixed assets and general ledger
- Experience with procedures, terminology and forms related for filling and meeting fiscal datelines
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Knowledge of techniques of automated accounting, financial record keeping and report preparation
- Participates in special projects, such as conversion to an online invoicing system
- Perform other related duties as may be requested by any Manager
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation for all accounts
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality
- Reconciles vendors through weekly EDI transfer
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Thrives in a collaborative, team player office environment
- High School Diploma