AgroCap is a young and innovative US-based financial business focused on empowering companies in the global agricultural industry to achieve their funding goals from seed to sale. Our main focus is invoice factoring in the fresh produce industry.
While we are a relatively new company, we are already profitable and in urgent need of a star performer to join our team and lead the future growth of our business. This position is for someone who is very ambitious as there is huge potential for growth; the company founders have previously grown agricultural businesses from startup stage to hundreds of millions in sales and are now looking to replicate these successes.
- Identify new business opportunities with growers in Mexico and surrounding countries.
- Establish and develop working relationships with prospective key accounts and related partners.
- Pursue and achieve sales of company’s invoice factoring product, in line with company sales goals and profitability.
- Provide competitive pricing proposals on prospect applications and tenders submitted for pricing while striving to maintain target profit margins.
- Provide excellent client service while balancing portfolio risk and expectations.
- Assist in prospect application review, due diligence and procedures underwriting and new prospect packages, documentation, and initial boarding.
- Manage accounts receivable aging and reserve balances as it pertains to risk on accounts receivable aging.
- Perform collection calls per policy as needed. Monitor tax payments and other client compliance events as required per account.
- Communicate with the company leadership on all matters pertinent to the management of the client accounts in factoring unit.
- Determine customer requirements and expectations to help the customer identify specific products and solutions
- Adhere to compliance procedures and participate in required compliance training.
- Become familiar with client’s business practices, preferences, and challenges. This may include client visits in certain cases and/or travel to client’s location.
- Make sound decisions based on educated risk assessments (Debtor, Client, Shipper, Commodity, Industry Laws, etc.)
- Communicate the benefits and advantages of our services to prospective clients as well as referral sources. Study publications and attend functions to gain further knowledge of industry and stay informed on key business trend and competitors.
- Diligently document client contact and account issues in client notes for auditing, verification, and reference on future purchases.
- Cross-sell our products to new and existing accounts.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Understand sales and commercial processes & procedures and to have full working knowledge of the accounts receivable lifecycle to understand and therefore sell our financial products.
- College/University degree or a minimum of two years of prior experience managing client relationships in a financial environment, preferably in factoring, small business lending, banking, leasing, or trade finance.
- This person must have a sound understanding of the factoring industry, AR, AP, and financing.
- 100% bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
- Strong organizational and planning skills along with a high level of detail orientation.
- Competitive pay offered (will depend on previous experience).