Our growing business is searching for a qualified Materials Coordinator to oversee our inventory and purchasing operations. If you are an experienced and competent individual with in-depth knowledge of inventory management systems and procedures, then we’re looking for you! In this role, your duties will include maintaining budgets, analyzing materials, and researching vendors.
Our ideal candidate is an excellent communicator, with strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills. To excel in this role, material managers need in-depth knowledge of supply chain and budgeting processes. Ultimately, you are tasked with ensuring all our departments have adequate access to the materials they need.
A materials manager is responsible for managing inventory and purchasing procedures of raw materials and other supplies within a company. Material managers collaborate with other managers to determine supply needs, purchase supplies and materials according to specifications and coordinate and supervise receiving procedures.
- Research, maintain relationships and negotiate prices with vendors.
- Work with management and sales team to identify and plan supply needs.
- Recommend solutions to existing processes to reduce waste and increase the quantity.
- Record and assess all materials quality, movement, and expenditure.
- Manage the distribution of supplies in the organization.
- Establishes procedures, Monitor and supervise inventory levels and access to the material, to ensure on-time deliveries to meet customer requirements.
- Collaborate with management to plan forecasting models.
- Purchase supplies and materials according to specifications
- Oversee and support subordinates and new employees.
- Prepare and file detailed records on procurement activity, quantity, and vendors.
- Design and maintain department budgets.
- Responsible for continuing programs of exploration for new materials, suppliers, and processes to achieve the best possible quality, reliability, prices, continuity, and delivery
- Interfaces with product line coordinators on the planning and forecasting of customer orders to meet shipments
- Ensures that the company standard practices and procedures are followed in connection with all materials department functions
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics or relevant field.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role.
- Solid understanding of supply chain and inventory management systems.
- Advanced knowledge of forecasting and budgeting processes.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and leadership skills.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities swiftly.
- Customer service-oriented.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and internet apps.
Why Altar Produce LLC
Grow with us! If you have a passion for inspiring people and a flair for fresh food, consider applying for a job at Altar Produce LLC With a focus on customer service, our company offers high-quality, farm-fresh produce. Come grow your career in healthy living with a rapidly growing company and teams that pride themselves on empowering others along their journey.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Altar Produce LLC management reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.