Apricot Lane Farms, home of The Biggest Little Farm is a 234-acre farm integrated within a reawakened ecosystem. With a team that makes the seemingly impossible possible, the farm regeneratively grows more than 200 varieties of fruits and vegetables, and raises sheep, cows, pigs, chickens and ducks with care and respect while working in harmony (or a comfortable level of disharmony) within a dynamic ecosystem.
The Farmers Market Manager is responsible for the daily operation of Apricot Lane Farms Farmers Markets and Farm Stand. The Farmers Market Manager in collaboration with the Director of Sales will work with market vendors, customers and our Founding Farmers in providing all administrative and sales functions to insure successful markets. The Farmers Market Manager reports to the Director of Sales.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Work with partners to advertise, promote the market through social media, e-newsletters, and community outreach
- Strategize to increase the market’s customer base, business activity, sales and growth
- Ensure that all applicable licenses, permits, and insurances are filed with relevant agencies.
- Design market set-up to accommodate the maximum number of customers with adequate spacing.
- Project expected sales volume and profit for new and existing products
- Build and form new partnerships with potential clients
- Maintain positive relations with both vendors and customers
- Emphasize the sale of high quality produce
- Assure the markets are operated in a timely, efficient manner
- Evaluate the markets’ strengths and weaknesses
- Schedule and supervise Farmer's Market Team
Qualifications and Skills
- Agriculture of Food Industry Knowledge and Experience
- Passion for regenerative, organic and biodynamic farming
- Effective problem-solving
- Creative thinking
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Marketing skills
- Financial skills
- Ability to lift 25-30 lbs.
- Valid Driver's License (required by company's insurance)
- Full-time position
- Alternative schedule based on market location and schedule
Compensation & Benefits
- $62,400 - $75,000 / year
- Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account)
- 401K with Employer Matching
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Vacation
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Employee Discount
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.