Barkley Seed specializes in producing quality durum wheat, red wheat, forage wheat, triticale, barley seed, forage oats, alfalfa seed, bermuda grass seed and sudan grass seed. We have facilities in Yuma, AZ, Roll, AZ, Goodyear, AZ, Brawley, CA and Visalia, CA.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Facilities Maintenance Technician to join us in Yuma, AZ.
The Facilities Maintenance Technician position will have experience in the maintenance of plant and farm equipment, as well as general building maintenance. This person will focus on the general repairs of the facilities and will assist with the maintenance and repairs as needed. Will communicate verbally as well as maintain written documentation of maintenance performed.
- Assist with general repairs of various equipment, buildings, electrical and mechanical systems
- Perform preventive maintenance and inspections; troubleshooting electrical problems associated with equipment, processes, and systems as needed
- Inspect facility noting major safety and/or breakdown issues and reports all safety concerns or deviations to supervisory management
- Prepare and update written work orders for tracking of all associated repairs and preventative maintenance activities
- Provide back-up technical support with forklift maintenance and repair
- Complete work assignments to meet requirements set up by the Maintenance Supervisor
- Follow BSI’s preventative safety program as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor
- Assists in maintenance and cleanliness of facility, equipment and grounds
- Follow all company policies and procedures
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs
- Forklift license a plus.
- Experience safely operating forklift, lift trucks, dollies and other loading and moving equipment used in warehouse operations
- Must have a minimum of 3 years ’in troubleshooting electrical system. electrical motors, controls, high and low voltage such as 24v all the way to 480v experience
- Work with pneumatic system as well as hydraulic cylinder
- Gears transmission, bearing, belts, augers,
- Welding / fabrication MIG, ARC, TIG, is a plus
- Work with electrical and power tools
- General understanding of mechanical repairs
- Flexibility to perform multiple roles
- Positive attitude and ability to work well independently and as a team
- Basic knowledge of protective equipment requirements, Lock-Out/Tag-Out, Fall Protection, OSHA, DFA and GMP as they apply to maintenance personnel
- Excellent communication skills written and oral
- Bilingual in English/Spanish a plus
- Must be physically capable of lifting, carrying and loading up to 50-pound weight.
- Ability to stand for extended periods; bend, stoop, push, pull and kneel frequently.
- Flexibility to walk and/or stand for extended periods of time as well as climb stairs/ladders as needed.
- Hand dexterity and strength.
- Must be able to go up and down stairs safely utilizing hand rails on a regular basis.
- Work to be performed in an industrial manufacturing/processing environment: indoors and outdoors.
- Work in a fast-paced environment with rapid hand and eye coordination.
- May be required to work in outside weather conditions.
- Uneven walking surfaces, heavy machinery, forklift traffic and loud noise.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.