Blue Bird, Inc. has been processing fruit in the Upper Wenatchee Valley for over 100 years. Blue Bird Inc., one the oldest grower owned co-operatives in Central Washington has become a company of constant evolution, providing a wide array of Organic and Conventional Pears, Apples and Cherries to its many domestic and export customers.
As this diverse organization moves into the future, we need a finance and accounting professional to join our executive team as our Chief Financial Officer.
This position will be an essential part of the leadership team and be responsible for the oversight and guidance of all activities related to accounting and finance. The CFO will report directly to the President and will oversee a well-established team. This position will be located in Peshastin, Washington.
We are looking for a forward thinking and strategically minded individual who truly understands the agriculture and fruit packing business.The ideal candidate will need to work well within all levels of the organization and always set an example with the highest level of integrity and work ethic.
The ideal candidate will posess/be:
- An exceptional leader and team player with 15+ years of experience in accounting and finance for a produce company (grower/packer/processor preferred)
- At least 10 years in a financial leadership role with successful experience as a CFO.
- BA/BS in Accounting, (CPA preferred and/or MBA a plus)
- Expert knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Strong leadership ability focused on mentorship, collaboration and team development
- Strategically minded with the ability to navigate through complex financial situations to maximize results
- Strong analytical and accounting skills with hands-on experience in both GL Accounting and Financial Planning and Analysis.
- Ability to research, retrieve and organize data to prepare reports and financial documentation, set-up and maintain databases, and accurately perform complex financial analysis.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a well established company, and contribute in a significant way to its’ future success.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.