Bonduelle is a French family-run and publicly traded company with a long history of expertise in the harvesting and processing of ready-to-use vegetables, in all their forms. Founded in 1853 by Louis Bonduelle, the group provides over 100 countries with vegetables that are preserved using natural processes, in line with the fundamental values at the base of the company's creation and development. Bonduelle has an equally long history of growth and acquiring businesses aligned with their vision to create a plant revolution to have a positive impact on the planet and people. All the businesses Bonduelle has acquired are part of their long-term strategy and continue to be part of the company's global footprint.
Bonduelle has a longstanding history of partnering with farmers and investing in the industry on a global level. The company's ability to offer high-quality plant based products is only possible thanks to the close partnerships with over 2250 farming partners worldwide. With a belief that nature is our future, the Vice President of Agriculture Operations is a key member of BFA’s senior leadership team charged with investing and collaborating with growers and partners to deliver innovative solutions to feed people’s well-being while respecting the planet. This role also leads and represents BFA and the U.S. market to the global agricultural team. This position has significant autonomy and will play a prominent role in the success of BFA’s strategic goals.
With responsibility for the overall Ag Operations strategy, budget, and execution the Vice President of Agriculture Operations will represent BFA and their core values with their growers, while supporting their environmental and social initiatives to drive progress against their corporate social responsibility and B Corp Certification.
The Vice President of Ag Ops will have responsibility for overall strategic sourcing and procurement; forging new bonds with existing and prospective growers; and oversight of field crop and operations leadership. In addition, this role has a strong tie to corporate headquarters, working with finance and company leadership.
This is a unique career opportunity to build an extraordinary Ag department and work to create Bonduelle’s footprint in the Salinas Valley. Bonduelle encourages constant learning and development for their employees while providing a fun culture built on collaboration and empowerment. This culture is fueled by the company's values which are rooted in a long history of agriculture, entrepreneurialism, people-centric and ethics that have been passed down from generation to generation.
By joining Bonduelle, you are joining a certified B Corporation where you are empowered to make an impact. An impact on yourself through your growth and development as a leader, an impact on others as you advance the strategic priorities for Ag Ops and an impact on the planet through Bonduelle’s B!Pact mission to have a positive impact. We are a passionate team determined to inspire the transition toward a plant-based diet to contribute to people's well-being and planet health.
- Provide strategic management of the agricultural operations function including sourcing and contracting of raw materials such as leafy greens and specialty items including onions, peppers, cabbage, etc
- Oversight of crop management and harvesting operations and demonstrate strong knowledge of commodities
- Oversight of storage of raw produce post harvest and prior to shipment as well as post-harvest inspection to ensure produce is meeting standards for use in production facilities
- Manages aspects of the supply chain of raw product needs for production facilities and affiliated companies from seed to production lines, including growing, harvesting, field logistics and crop management
- Foster new grower and supplier relationships to expand the base of approved vendors. Also creates annual contracts, planting/growing master plans to meet supply objectives and forecasts
- Provide thought leadership to internal and external business partners, including the BFA Executive Leadership Team and other operating leaders on a broad range of business-critical topics relating to raw product supply and forecast
- Drives innovation at the field level through the use of new technology
- Maintain an external mindset, including staying on top of change management practices and way of sourcing by participating in professional development and networking to ensure understanding of new trends and benchmarking
- Develop relationships with other businesses in Bonduelle to deliver best in class practices and continuous improvement
- Ensures compliance with employment, benefits, insurance, safety, and other laws, regulations, and requirements
- An accomplished and strategic leader with a strong understanding of agricultural operations in North America
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agribusiness, Agronomy, Supply Chain, or related agricultural or science based field of study OR 15+ years of direct produce experience in lieu of Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years experience as a proven performer within the agriculture industry, with specific focus on leafy greens, harvest management or grower operations
- Extensive grower relations experience with an impeccable reputation
- Knowledge of contracts, production planning and forecasting
- Experienced and skilled with P&L Management and partnering with finance teams
- Knowledge of the Cold Chain Process
- Knowledge of Industry Transitions (Salinas to Yuma, Yuma to Salinas, etc.)
- Must be able to work in a fast paced multi-cultural environment
- Fluent in Spanish a plus
This Job has a $1,000 Referral Reward!
If you would like to discuss this job opportunity in 100% confidentiality with a Joe Produce Search Consultant, please call Recruiting at 855-563-7763, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.