OBJECTIVES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND DUTIES:
- Identify and target new business development in the wholesale and food service communities.
- Responsible for the entire sales process from first contact to close.
- Attend all sales meetings and appointments( on time, punctual).
- Responsible for individual accounts sales and gross profit.
- Make presentations of profitable programs to potential and existing customers.
- Promote and secure business-to-business sales
- Close sales, achieve monthly targets, and commit to sales results
- Organize special sales and promotions
- Responsible for processing and turning in job-related paperwork within the set timelines.
- Notify and assist buyers, operations, and sales support persons by communicating customers’ needs and preferences.
- The ability to solicit and develop new and long-lasting professional relationships with customers and general trade.
- Some Saturday work and late-night hours may be required.
- Maintain an overall professional appearance and conduct at work and company-related functions.
- Maintain good judgment and decisions that impact the company.
- Must have 3-5 years of experience working in sales.
- Sales experience with supermarkets( i.e food categories, etc), food service, wholesale and fresh cut ( a bonus).
- Self-starter who shows confidence and is eager to get involved, and learns quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- English/Spanish is a plus, and any other language adds value.
- Must be detail-oriented and possess strong organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications(Outlook, Excel, Word, and Powerpoint)
An existing book of business within the produce/food service industry is highly desired.