Brighter Bites is a nonprofit that creates communities of health through fresh food with the goal of changing behavior among children and their families to prevent obesity and achieve long-term health.
Brighter Bites is an evidence-based, multi-component elementary school, preschool, and summer camp program that utilizes reliable access to fruits and vegetables, nutrition education, and consistent exposure to recipes and messages that feature fresh food.
We now have an incredible opportunity for a Program Coordinator in Salinas, CA.
The Brighter Bites Program Coordinator is responsible for the successful implementation of the program at assigned schools or sites. In coordination with his/her city team, the Program Coordinator will organize program activities in areas including but not limited to: weekly recipe preparation, program implementation and evaluation, Brighter Bites site operations, CATCH nutrition education implementation, and volunteer recruitment and engagement. At the discretion of the city’s team leader, coordinators may also be responsible for one of the three main pillars of Brighter Bites (food access, nutrition education, fun food experience).
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Must be willing to follow and enforce CDC guidelines at all times, including but not limited to: wearing a mask, wearing disposable gloves, and social distancing.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in nutrition, public health, education or a related field, or 4 years or more of relevant experience.
- Previous experience working in an educational setting, a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in MS Office, especially Excel.
- Ability to manage large groups of people
- Comfortable with giving presentations to small and large groups
- Previous experience volunteering/interning with Brighter Bites, a plus.
- Must be able to travel independently to school sites around Monterey County (w/ mileage reimbursed).
- Must be able to lift produce boxes/bags weighing between 10-50 pounds each on a continuous basis.
- Must be willing to work outdoors at site locations for multiple hours at a time.
This is an amazing to truly make a difference in your community with a great Non-Profit.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.