Calavo Growers, Inc. is a global avocado-industry leader. The company also procures and markets diversified fresh produce items, ranging from tomatoes to tropical produce. An expanding provider of value-added fresh food, the company's Calavo Foods business segment manufactures and distributes guacamole, guacamole hummus and salsa under the respected Calavo brand name. Calavo's wholly owned subsidiary, Renaissance Food Group, LLC, creates, markets and distributes a portfolio of healthy, high-quality lifestyle products for consumers through fast-growing brands that include Garden Highway and Chef Essentials. Founded in 1924, Calavo serves food distributors, produce wholesalers, supermarket retailers and restaurant chains worldwide.
We are offering a tremendous opportunity for a Senior Buyer to join our team in Riverside, CA.
The Senior Buyer will purchase goods, materials, and services to ensure that the company operational needs are met, considering price, quality and delivery and to ensure continuity of supply. This role has greater responsibility and accountability than a Buyer. The job holder may take responsibility for a specific project or hold a larger remit in terms of purchasing responsibility.
The person we’re looking for has:
- High School diploma required, and Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Previous experience in writing and recording technical data is preferred
- Minimum 4-7 years relevant experience as a byer within fresh food is required
- Experience and skilled in the use of programs such as MS Word and Excel
- Minimum one year office purchasing support experience is preferred
- Excellent organizational skills (oral and written) and the ability to excel at details, multi-tasking and working under pressure
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills both oral and written preferred
At Calavo Growers, we believe quality, teamwork, good citizenship, embodying a will to win and displaying a respect for our people forms the foundation of our mission.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.