Calavo Growers, Inc. is a global avocado-industry leader. The company also procures and markets diversified fresh produce items, ranging from tomatoes to tropical produce. An expanding provider of value-added fresh food, the company's Calavo Foods business segment manufactures and distributes guacamole, guacamole hummus and salsa under the respected Calavo brand name. Calavo's wholly owned subsidiary, Renaissance Food Group, LLC, creates, markets and distributes a portfolio of healthy, high-quality lifestyle products for consumers through fast-growing brands that include Garden Highway and Chef Essentials. Founded in 1924, Calavo serves food distributors, produce wholesalers, supermarket retailers and restaurant chains worldwide.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Senior Pricing Analyst to join our team in Riverside, CA.
The Sr. Pricing Analyst will provide financial analyses and cost support as a lead member of the Business Analytics team. The employee will work with Product Development, Product Management, Sourcing, Procurement, Project Management, Project Directors, QA/QC, Analytics, Operations and Sales to gain an understanding of project requirements. They will utilize this information to execute projects and provide insightful/timely analyses to all stakeholders. The Sr Pricing Analyst will be the primary advocate for project cost standards, quality goals, and best practices. This includes (but is not limited to) monitoring, preparing, and reporting costs by project. The employee will support the Pricing Manager to develop and coordinate business unit pricing and analytics, including serving as their delegate in their absence.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have 5+ years in Pricing, Cost Accounting, or a related field
- Experience in the produce industry preferred
- Experience working with and presenting to senior management
- Economics and Accounting — Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking, and the analysis and reporting of financial data
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar
- Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, statistics, and their applications
- Expertise in MS Excel, which includes but not limited to a full understanding of simple formulas (e.g., VLOOKUP, SUMIFS, pivot tables)
- Expertise with project management programs such as BOX, Teamwork, Sales Force, and Spec-Rite
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Reading Comprehension: Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents
- Active Learning: Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision making
- Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively
- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
- Deductive Reasoning: The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense
- Inductive Reasoning: The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (including finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events)
Calavo seeks talented people who believe in teamwork and in using their talents to assist in the success of their company. As a worldwide marketer, grower and packer of premium fresh avocados, fresh fruits and vegetables, and processed avocado products, our success is that of each Calavo employee.
Calavo offers a comprehensive benefit program to all employees that may include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Life Insurance and Optional Dependent Life
- AD&D (Accidental Death & Dismemberment)
- 401(k) Plan - contributions may begin after ninety (90) days of employment
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Sick Pay Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.