California Specialty Farms: When you need product that glitters and service that’s as good as gold!
Established in 1993, California Specialty Farms began as a boutique specialty produce shipper. Although times have changed and the specialty produce world has evolved, our desire and commitment remain the same! From the smallest overnight package of a single pound of product, to commercial air containers or trucks filled with pallets of mixed commodities, we are feeding the world.
We are looking to add Packing and Production Workers to our team in Los Angeles, CA.
The Packing/Production Workers’ overall goal is to perform the basic assembly and process work of the finished product. This position will be responsible for performing a variety of tasks on a variety of assembly lines to achieve a finished product. You will also perform one or more functions on the assembly lines including but not limited to; washing, peeling, cutting, weighing, measuring and pouring ingredients in containers, placing lids, labeling, boxing, un-boxing, stacking, wrapping or other functions to accomplish tasks.
- Perform production duties such as manual lifting, packaging, taping, labeling and sorting using hands
- Report defective product or questionable conditions to the department supervisor
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed food safety regulations
- Perform related duties as required by supervision
- Break down cardboard for recycling
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2-3 years previous food processing or food packing/production preferred
- Bilingual English/Spanish desirable
- Must be able to work in various weather and temperature conditions to include extreme heat, humidity and cold
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs repetitively/ability to stand for long periods of time during the work day
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.