Carriere Family Farms has been a family-owned company for 132 years, where we farm walnuts, rice, and almonds in the Northern Sacramento Valley. Additionally, we process and pack walnuts for global customers from our facility and office headquarters in Glenn, CA.
We are currently seeking a Controller.
- Lead the accounting team, develop, and mentor staff, and support the financial reporting and cost accounting requirements of the organization.
- Analysis of accounts for accuracy, completeness, and variance explanation.
- Prepare and present monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting packages to each stakeholder group.
- Ensure inventory activities are properly recorded, inventory and cost of goods sold are valued accurately, and month end inventory valuations are properly stated including any reserves needed.
- Prepare reports and analysis for key balances and general ledger accounts such as cash, accounts receivable, inventory, accruals, intercompany, and debt.
- Coordinate preparation of tax reporting package and information requests from outside CPA firm to meet timely filing and dates for company and shareholders/owners.
- Review and approve payroll, ensure payroll bank account funding is secured, and approve payroll general ledger entries related to each payroll.
- Prepare reports for the handling and farming businesses to assist management in assessing performance of each ranch and product category on a crop year basis.
- Coordinate cash tracking and forecasting process including daily cash balance roll forward to manage availability and project cash receipts, customer collections, debt payments or borrowings, vendor & grower payments, payroll funding, and other cash activity.
- BS in Business, Economics, or Ag related degree
- 7+ years’ experience in an accounting role
- Strong experience with Excel & ERP systems (PowerPoint preferred)
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance