Essential Responsibilities Include but Not Limited To
- Ensure displays and shelves are meet quality expectations by properly rotating product.
- Order and manage seasonal product for store in line with sales expecations
- Maintaining a professional demeanor with the public and store personnel when performing your duties.
- Must ensure schematics, maintain shelf/cooler cleanliness.
- Conduct customer needs assessment and report to sales manager via email.
- Conduct weekly store price audits.
- Evaluate overall customer satisfaction and report to sales manager via email.
- Must follow instructions provided by sales manager. The merchandiser will be expected to be flexible to the needs of our business which is strongly affected by the needs of our customers who operate on grocery/retail hours.
- Impromptu store visits and work with customers schedule.
- Will work independently as well as work under time constraints.
- Working as a team with your Manager by communicating issues as appropriate,
- Follow itinerary and be flexible with changes in itinerary.
- Will coordinate with other staff to help resolve any order issues and concerns.
- Must communicate professionally with various produce managers, store owners and other employees.
- Attend all sales meetings.
- Expense reimbursements reconciliation
- Occasionally assist onboarding of new merchandisers
- Deliver product to stores for customer service purposes
- Special projects as assigned by supervisor.
Desired Minimum Qualifications:
- Knowledge of retail, wholesale and floral industries.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service.
- Strong communication skills needed to communicate with all levels of management internally and externally.
- Strong organizational skills needed for the organization, rotating and stocking shelves during each store visit.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor with the public and store personnel when performing your duties.
- Ability to work independently and drive results.
- Adaptability/Flexibility, with the ability to react quickly to changing requirements from internal and external conditions while maintaining good communication with all parties involved.
- Critical Thinking: Use of logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to climb, push/pull, bend, stoop, and kneel for extended periods as required.
- Ability to see (depth perception, near acuity and far acuity), drive a vehicle, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- At least two years of retail experience in the retail or wholesale floral industry.
- Candidate must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate Computer Skills: Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong planning and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Safe driving record and proof of insurance.
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel 90% commitment.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.