Our client is one of the premier importers of citrus and grapes into North America. They are seeking a sales professional that is like minded and motivated to both develop their career and the company’s base of business.
They are a well-established company with a culture that encourages growth and development of team members. They invest in their people and the industry’s initiatives. They are passionate about produce and are deeply involved in the advancement of our industry.
We are searching for a sales professional to join the team in the Greater Philadelphia Area. In this results-driven role, the ideal candidate will be focused on executing retail sales, including new business development, planning and daily sales for a customer base primarily served from the East Coast.
This is an opportunity to join a motivated team of empowered people who have the opportunity to make an impact on the business. You will be expected to make decisions and rely on your own discretion.
You will have the opportunity to contribute your ideas and knowledge. A competitive compensation package and room for professional development and advancement will be offered.
- Service and increase sales with existing retail customers while providing excellent customer service
- New customer development
- Manage pricing and inventories ensuring the highest return to growers
- Support supply chain efforts to establish and develop seasonal programs for customers
- Sales administration duties, including follow up, rejection, claims management and order entry
- Attend industry events/shows and visit customers as needed
- At least three years of experience selling fresh produce
- Experience selling into retail chains with the ability to grow business in both new and existing accounts
- Passionate about sales and sales development with a skill for identifying new opportunities and going after them
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to engage customers on a regular and consistent basis
- Strong sense of responsibility to resolve issues, follow-up with customers and to act with integrity and honesty
- Knowledge of the citrus and table grape categories with a good understanding of those commodities’ import cycles (seasons), supply chain details and import operations is highly desired
- Knowledge of imported stone fruit, cherries, apples and pears is a plus
- Strong organizational and self-management skills
- Ability to travel as required (post COVID)
- Familiarity with Famous™, Foodlink and iTrade a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
This Job has a $1,000 Referral Reward!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.