We are seeking a Purchasing Manager to manage west coast purchasing. This position requires a deep knowledge of the produce industry, including market trends, quality standards, and pricing. Job is IN HOUSE (NOT REMOTE) Located in central North Carolina.
- Proven experience as Purchasing Manager with familiarity with sourcing and vendor management.
- Able to manage a broad range of products in different stages of development.
- Negotiate with suppliers and growers to obtain the best possible pricing, terms, and conditions for purchasing.
- Monitor external market conditions and gather market intelligence to determine the organization’s growth opportunities.
- Manage inventory levels of all items, ensuring adequate supplies while minimizing waste and spoilage.
- Collaborate with sales and operations to ensure alignment on procurement strategies and objectives.
- Set pricing guidelines, discounts, and promotional programs and evaluate account performance.
- Excellent networking, relationship building and presentation skills.
- 7-10 years of experience
- Must have strong contacts with fruit and vegetable retailers, growers, and other supply chain partners in CA, AZ, and NM.
- Strong relationships with potato and fruit retailers, growers, and other supply chain partners in ID and WA.
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to build strong relationships with suppliers and growers.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Produce Pro experience preferred.
If you are a result driven motivated purchasing professional and meet the above requirements, we encourage you to apply for this exciting position.