WHO WE ARE: We are a family-owned Cherry grower, packer, and shipper in Northern California with more than 46,000 square feet of cold storage. We have two state-of-the-art packing lines with 62 lanes of Compaq optical sorting. We take pride in building strong relationships with top retail partners and customers around the world.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR: We are seeking a strong candidate with a strong network of customer relationships. This person must be highly energetic, and motivated to join our team. The candidate will have an established customer base with a good reputation and integrity. The ideal applicant will expand our existing customer base and be willing to build new business. This position will report to the Sales Manager.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Manage existing customers and seek out and develop new customers.
- Work with the Sales Manager to develop and execute a sales plan for each commodity.
- Manage the negotiations of pricing, availability and daily transactional with customers.
- Communicate all relevant information related to market conditions, quality, availability, and logistics to customers.
- Interact up and down the supply chain (transportation, warehouses, growers) to ensure successful relationships with our customers and growers.
- Review customers and make sure they are aligned with our company strategies to achieve sales goals.
- 3-5 + years of produce sales experience.
- Extensive knowledge of FOB sales in stone fruit and grapes.
- Proven track record in managing programmed business.
- Strong leadership qualities with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong understanding of customer requirements and market dynamics.
- An ability to adapt to different customer personalities and market conditions.
- Must have a positive attitude, strong communication skills attention to detail and uncompromising on integrity and respect for all team members.
- Social Media marketing.
- A strong desire to pursue, qualify and close sales leads.
- Ability to assess market opportunities and open new accounts.
- Independent, self-starter, and collaborator who thrives in a rapidly changing environment.
- High degree of collaboration within the sales team.
- Able to perform multiple functions/projects simultaneously.
- Ability to manage stressful situations and demands of customers.Very knowledgeable with Excel and PowerPoint. Enthusiastic approach to problem solving.
- Competitive benefits package including Medical and Dental.
- Paid Sick, Vacation, Holiday Time, and Personal Hours.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.