We are a fresh produce grower and marketer operating in the U.S, Mexico, and Central America seeking experienced candidates for a Senior Vegetable Salesperson that will take on the lead role in the expansion of our vegetable category sales and assist in the implementation of marketing strategies and the development of new product lines.
- Expand our existing customer base, with a focus on retail and foodservice accounts, by leveraging historical existing relationships and developing new target customer connections.
- Manage the negotiations of pricing and availability to contract, program, and daily transactional customers, building sales that meet the revenue and profit goals for the company.
- Communicate all relevant information related to market conditions, quality, availability, and logistics to customers.
- Contribute to the marketing strategy for the expansion of existing products and introduction of new products in the vegetable category.
- Strategically advise the Production/Sourcing team on potential new growers, the expansion of commodities in our portfolio, and production management strategies.
- Collaborate with Production/Sourcing and Logistics teams to maximize product quality, continuity of supply, and efficient distribution to market.
- Act as the team leader working with our existing salespeople to assist with the expansion of sales to our current customer base, develop group sales strategies to add new target customers, provide critical product knowledge and training to our existing team, and pursue customer engagement through in-person meetings, tradeshow presence, and other channels.
- Contribute to the Sales Team’s efforts to continually improve customer service, achieve sales and profitability goals while also promoting collaboration, cooperation, integrity, and accountability.
- Significant experience in direct fresh produce sales and marketing to retail, wholesale, and/or food service customers.
- Experience with, and demonstrated success, in national and regional customer account management, and FOB sales, including a strong network of customer relationships within the vegetable category.
- Experience in interacting with key contacts at the farming/production level.
- Positive attitude, collaborative and supportive style of interactions with peers, competitive nature, comfortable in high energy/high urgency environments, strong communication skills, attention to detail, uncompromising on integrity and respect for all team members.
- Successful applicant may work from our McAllen, TX office, or from a remote location of their choosing.
- Position involves moderate travel throughout the year.
- Competitive salary, performance bonus/profit sharing, and benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(k).
- Minimum two weeks paid vacation with additional vacation days liberally approved as job duties allow - sick days and family leave accommodated as needs arise.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.