The Sample Collection Technician is responsible for collection of samples (Microbiological, environmental, chemical, or final materials samples) at customer locations, while collecting all necessary documentation for laboratory sample receiving and testing.
- Provide sampling services to laboratory clients in compliance with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Complete chain of custody documentation for each sampling event.
- Package and prepare samples for shipment to laboratory/ sample delivery to lab.
- Complete data entry into laboratory software for laboratory acceptance of samples.
- Keep a clean personal environment and materials regarding daily duties and activities.
- Maintain standard operating procedures (SOPs) regarding sampling activities.
- Maintains inventory of sample collection supplies, and files purchase requests to replenish supplies as needed.
- Complete all assigned trainings and maintain training/ competency logs in laboratory software.
- Observe all safety guidelines and wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Always wear proper company attire to the Job to be performed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- General knowledge of sampling techniques, including aseptic techniques.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, be able to drive to client sites and transport sampling equipment and coolers.
- Desirable experience in HACCP.
- Experience in using aseptic techniques for sampling.
- Professional demeanor.
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to understand ISO 17025 requirements in related tasks.
- Experience using PPE equipment.
- Detail oriented, properly fills out documentation on sampling activities.
- Ability to work independently without close supervision.
- Provide customer service and exhibit customer interface skills.
- Ability to learn new techniques, follow instructions, keep accurate records in accordance with company polices.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.