Dandy Cooling prides itself on being a leader in the produce distribution business. We are devoted to continuing our advancement by continuously investing in our systems, equipment, and our employees.
We are looking for an Afternoon/Night Supervisor at our Salinas location to join our professional and positive work environment. The Afternoon/Night Supervisor will work approximately eight months in Salinas and four months in Yuma during the winter season.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Perform all duties required in dispatching product for Duda Farm Fresh Foods and Kroger Cross Dock Services;
- Supervise and coordinate activities of workers in corresponding departments, effectively communicate job duties and responsibilities to employees;
- Verifies and keeps records on incoming/outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment. Works closely with shipping department to handle issues and make sure shipments come in and out efficiently;
- Determine shipping priorities, work assignments, and shipping methods required to meet shipping and receiving schedules;
- Work closely with the Shipping Manager to make sure all departments are running efficiently and effectively;
- Work closely with our Safety Manager to ensure proper safety procedures and guidelines are being followed, documents/investigates employee safety incidents and facility incidents, effectively communicates and implements new safety rules and procedures to staff and fills out any necessary paperwork required.
- Work closely with Management Team (General Manager, Safety Manager and HR Manager) to ensure company policies and procedures are being carried out by employees.
- The ideal candidate must have excellent customer service skills.
- 1-2 years’ experience in management (in agriculture a plus).
- Proficient computer skills.
- Bilingual ability in Spanish and English are a must.
- Traveling in the agricultural season to and from Yuma, AZ is required.
Dandy Cooling offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and a great working environment.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes.