This is an in-person, on-site role based in Crum Lynne, PA. Bi-lingual, bi-literate Spanish/English is required.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION
Coordinate, implement, audit, and approve FSQA programs for Dole Diversified North America suppliers. Perform audits, generate reports, and follow up as required, for all sourcing locations and growers/suppliers. Conduct initial qualification of growers/suppliers, working collaboratively with both internal and external FSQA teams. Analyze and make recommendations for further improvements, including leveraging new technology, to mitigate hazards in all aspects of the business. Assess internal and external program compliance against both regulatory requirements and Dole standards/expectations. Assist in development or expansion of training materials, as appropriate, for internal and external business partners. Ensure compliance with applicable elements of FSMA. Engage in process innovation activities.
- Ensure all Dole FSQA programs and procedures are being implemented correctly.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of all SOPs, program materials and documents and support governance objectives to ensure documents remain up to date with the latest science and relevant to business process.
- Conduct initial approval qualification of prospective growers and suppliers, including packhouse and third-party cooler locations, against Dole standards/expectations in support of business needs.
- Perform regular G.A.P. and G.M.P. audits for grower/supplier fields, packhouses and coolers.
- In conjunction with the agriculture operations personnel, provide annual field level training on FSQA practices. Provide annual food safety training to key business partners within sourcing, sales and logistics and other key roles within the business.
- Collaborate with the business to investigate quality and food safety related deviations and rejections.
- Work with growers and key business partners to investigate consumer and customer complaints. Track and trend complaints over time for use as a surveillance tool and use data to drive continuous improvement.
- Process large volumes of audit and laboratory testing data or other information and communicate recommendations for further improvement to mitigate FSQA risks.
- Effectively communicate scientific and technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Be aware of, and adhere to, all US regulatory (USEPA, USFDA, USDA, and FSMA) requirements and guidelines associated with all supply chain elements as well as regulatory requirements within key growing and export regions for the business.
- Assist in review and approval of regulatory compliant labels for all products marketed by Dole.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with critical FSQA business partners allowing food safety to be a key driver and enabler for long term business success.
- Execute projects that meet the technical and business objectives of Dole Food Company.
- Participate in crisis management response as needed.
- Must be willing to travel to various regions, including domestic and international locations.
- Assist in responding to customer requests, surveys, and other inquiries.
- Other duties as assigned.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Minimum of 4 years in agriculture/FSQA related experience, with 2 years of auditing experience. Experience in berry or other produce operations is desirable.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be flexible, even-tempered, a good mediator and persuasive. Able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required, ability to conduct food safety audits, communicate effectively with technical and non-technical personnel, knowledge of food microbiology,
- Knowledge of agrochemicals use, knowledge of basic sanitation techniques and procedures.
- Knowledge of related Federal and State regulations.
- Competency in computer word processing (MS Word), Spreadsheet (Excel) and Database Software (Access) required.
- Bi-lingual, bi-literate Spanish/English is required.
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL RELATIONS
Must be able to persuasively communicate technical information regarding FSQA requirements and expectations with other FSQA staff (internal and external), Dole departments/divisions, suppliers, vendors, co-packers, growers, customers and government officials.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Food Science, Microbiology, Plant Science, Postharvest Physiology or related field is required.
Ability to lift up to 10-25 pounds, identify and distinguish colors, work in extreme cold some of the time in a cooler environment and ability to work in outside elements.
WORK HOUR REQUIREMENT
- Travel as needed, domestically. Potential for occasional international travel.
- Flexibility with schedule as needed
- Flexibility with schedule as needed with the ability to work beyond normal business hours, weekends, rotating shifts preferred/required.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.