Durand-Wayland, Inc. is seeking a Territory Sales Manager to develop, build, and maintain trusted relationships with accounts in the mid-Atlantic or New England regions.
Notably, this salesperson will have values consistent with our client’s expectations, listening to their specific needs to meet and exceed what has been set. The goal is to keep customers happy and margins growing.
This is an opportunity to join a growing team and represent a respected brand in a new role as a Territory Sales Manager. You will play a key role in the development and building and maintaining accounts within the region. We are looking for someone with the knowledge of the industry who will fit in nicely with our current sales team to provide the highest level of customer service and sales possible to all our existing and future customers.
Durand-Wayland, Inc. has been innovating in the fruit and vegetable equipment industry for over eight decades. Starting off manufacturing one of the first mechanical fruit sizers, we have grown in scale to providing a full turn-key packinghouse line, sprayers, parts, and unparalleled service to the entire industry. Headquartered in LaGrange, GA with sales and service offices in California, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and New York, we are looking for someone who understands the industry and is motivated to sell our product line.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about selling and enjoys the successful growth of the relationships built. This is a remote position, reporting to the Vice President of Sales, which will ideally be in the mid-Atlantic or New England areas and/or near a major airport to mitigate travel and position business accordingly.
You will need to be well versed in sales and customer service as this is a commission paying position. The base salary will be determined by experience but will include an uncapped commission structure.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Retain and strategically grow sales volume through effective management and development of assigned accounts and regions
- Tracking market trends, competitor information and ultimately identifying business opportunities
- Provide excellent customer service and always ensure client satisfaction
- Assess market potential and identify new business opportunities
- Research data and use intuition and experience to provide knowledge-based solutions to customers
- Leverage customer knowledge to identify business opportunities
- Travel for in-person meetings with customers and partners to develop key relationships
- A self-starter with at least 3-5 years of successful experience selling equipment and relationship development
- CAD experience a plus
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- A creative problem solver, who can determine where a customer or prospect to improve efficiency
- Proven track record of strong sales, customer relations, meeting quotas and closing deals
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Excellent with Computer skills including PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Initiative to undertake self-development activities and seek increased responsibilities
- Must be independent and self-motivated with the ability to work effectively in a remote/home office setting
- Aptitude to work within a collaborative environment utilizing technology tools
- Ability and desire to travel extensively in the mid-Atlantic or New England regions and to trade shows as needed
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.