Eastside Packing, Inc. is an independent citrus packing, cold storage, and shipping facility in Reedley, California. We are a family owned operation with roots going back over 100 years and four generations in the farming, packing, and sales of fresh fruits. We are currently in a growth trajectory expanding our currently packing operations of mandarin and lemon varieties to all types of citrus.
We are seeking a highly motivated, organized individual with a technical and electrical background for the position of Maintenance Mechanic for either our day or night shift. This position involves the maintenance of various pieces of packing and sorting equipment used at Eastside, including advanced optical sizers and graders, weighing machines for bagging operations and many types of bagging machines. Experience in the agricultural food packing/processing industry is preferred. Spanish-speaking is a plus.
Reporting directly to the Maintenance Manager, you will be tasked with ensuring that Eastside continues delivering high quality products to the consumer. You will be responsible for maintaining the operations of the plant.
What we’re looking for :
- Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish)
- Possess a valid California’s Driver’s License and insurable
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3+ years of experience in maintenance and repairs of a fresh produce packing facility
- Knowledge of electrical motors, hydraulics, welding, fabrication, and schematic drawings
- Willingness to work long hours when necessary and respond immediately
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Team player with good work ethic.
Eastside Packing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer providing competitive pay and benefits including health coverage and 401K retirement program.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.