Equifruit is the North American market leader for Fairtrade-certified bananas. We believe that banana producers and plantation workers have the right to fair pay and safe working conditions – and our goal is to improve the banana industry and help retailers and consumers make a sustainable choice in the produce aisle. Our mission is Global Fairtrade Banana Domination! We’re looking to add a Sales Manager to take us to the next level: are you badass enough for the role?
Equifruit is best known for our crazy branding and Fairtrade advocacy, but we can’t have impact without getting fruit from producers to retail shelves. You are passionate about the part you play in making the global trade of fruits and vegetables just that much more equitable: and you know that the more Equifruit bananas you sell, the more impact you can make at producer level.
Your principal responsibility is in nurturing current customer relationships and building new ones. You’ll work closely with our overall Sales & Marketing team, while coordinating bids with your colleagues in Operations and Finance.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers in the fresh produce industry, including retail supermarkets, foodservice operators, and other distribution channels.
- Attends national, regional, and key distributor shows annually.
- Maintain list of target accounts and qualifying new business leads in CRM software.
- Manage the entire sales cycle, from prospecting to closing.
- Proactively and professionally handle day-to-day sales.
- Manage customer expectations by handling customer requests and complaints in a timely manner.
- Provide exceptional customer service and support.
- Excellent communication with management, sales, and operations teams.
- Active participation in weekly sales meetings.
- Support and implement marketing plans, promotions.
Required Skills / Experience:
- 7+ years sales experience; preferably in perishables.
- Knowledge of fresh produce industry preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Commitment to the company’s values and ethics.
- Friendly demeanor, self-motivated, good listener, patient, and hard-working. Sense of humour a big plus.
- Proven and successful track record in a similar selling role with distributors and retailers.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office, task management and CRM software.
- Ability to work independently and with cross functional teams.
- Expert communicator; oral, written, and presentation. Bilingual is helpful, but not required (English & French).
- Ability to recognize and define problems, find possible solutions and execute a plan to overcome them.
- Proven ability to develop strong, meaningful and lasting relationships with customers and other external stakeholders.
- Demonstrate strong organization, planning, and time management skills to achieve results.
- Equifruit offices are in Montreal: This is a combination remote/office role based on location with preference given to candidates located in/near Montreal, Quebec.
- Travel is required to cover the stated territory. Expected travel each month can range between 3-6 days based on territory.
- Eligible for group benefits and retirement savings plan. Access to discretionary health & wellness fund.