Four Little Devils Farms is a family owned company headquartered in Yuma, AZ. We are growers of winter vegetables. We also grow specialty seed crops and field crops. Since the founding of Four Little Devils Farms, the pursuit of excellence has remained a driving passion and critical component on which the foundation of the business has been established. As we grow, we are looking for energetic people to add to our team that share our values of strong relationships, professionalism, and integrity.
We have an immediate opening for a Cost Accounting Specialist to join our team in Yuma, AZ.
The Cost Accounting Specialist position is accountable for administering, monitoring and maintaining the progress of jobs and related sales contracts, investigating variances, and ensuring that contract billings are issued to customers and payments collected and applied appropriately.
The person we’re looking for must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Solid background in the use of computerized accounting systems/modules.
- Must have considerable knowledge of basic accounting principles (i.e., journal entries, debits, credits, etc.) and accounting functions. Cost accounting experience is key for this position.
- Ability to access and accurately enter accounting and job cost transactions using ERP systems (MS Dynamics Navision, Great Plains).
- Highly detail oriented and ability to meet required deadlines.
- High degree of problem-solving skills and analysis providing solutions to system issues to Management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Superior Microsoft Excel skills, MS Word, Office 365, and Outlook applications.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities, and see projects through to completion.
- Strong 10-key and keyboarding skills.
Required Education and Experience:
- Associate degree or two years of college-level coursework in accounting, finance, business or related area, with a combination of 5-7 years of accounting or full charge bookkeeper experience (GL, Cost Accounting, AP, AR, PR). Three to five years of detailed knowledge and experience with job costing and contracts is required.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or four years of college-level coursework in accounting, finance, business, or related area, with a combination of 3-5 years of accounting experience (GL, Cost Accounting, AP, AR, PR), including 1-2 years of detailed knowledge and experience with job costing and contracts.
- Some understanding or background in agricultural operations.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.