To meet the growing hunger for fresh, healthy salads, Fresh Express created the very first ready-to-eat packaged Garden Salad available in grocery stores nationwide in 1989. It was this same pioneering spirit and dedication to freshness that has "greened up" family menus with winning new combinations of fresh salads ever since. Today, Fresh Express is the market leader in delivering great-tasting, nutritious, fresh products to health-conscious people like you.
We now have an opening for a Raw Material Procurement Manager to join our team in Windemere, FL.
This person Will coordinate the purchase and delivery of non-leafy green, raw materials required to produce the various products sold by Fresh Express (e.g. Apples, carrots, lemon, lime, radishes, cabbage and Onions) on a just -in-time basis to satisfy the daily/weekly demand schedules of the plant production departments. Ensure that all raw materials purchased will meet established quality specifications and budgeted costs. Collaborate daily with plant and agricultural operations on raw material demand planning and forecasting. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, raw product forecasting/budgeting, supply chain development, production usage and application and inventory management. Person should be a constant facilitator of raw procurement efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in procurement and possibly growing of fresh apples, tomatoes, onions, green onions, broccoli, cauliflower, herbs, peapods, celery
- College Degree in related discipline. Advanced degree a plus
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft Menu Software applications
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
- Some travel will be required
- Ability to procure and deliver large quantities of high-value, raw product in a fast-paced environment
- Responsible for placing purchase orders and verifying vendor performance and accuracy on arrival
- Must be able to effectively communicate raw availability and forecasts to key members of the operations management team
- Develop effective forecasting tools for both raw product and sales information
- Build relationships with existing vendors and develop prospective suppliers to keep up with demand and drive down costs
- Support sales and product development teams in the procurement of new or unique varieties
- Must demonstrate leadership and be familiar with procurement and production processes
- Demonstrate ability to problem solve efficiently with minimal oversight
- Must be a self-starter with entrepreneurial spirit