The Director of Finance and Administration is responsible for the financial administration and risk management of the company; supervision of our accounts payable and accounts receivable departments; and preparation of financial statements and analysis for presentation to senior management.
The successful candidate will have:
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in finance, with some experience in agriculture preferred.
- B.S. in accounting, finance, or related field preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication, reporting and presentation skills.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel.
- Detail oriented with ability to format, analyze, summarize, and report data clearly, concisely, and timely.
- Ability to identify improvements in daily operational practice and communicate to upper management.
- Respectful, constructive, energetic with a ‘get-it-done’ style, with the ability to seamlessly fit into a mature, established group, working cooperatively and collaboratively to maximize performance and results.
Because of our continuing expansion, we seek qualified candidates who share our vision, values, and commitment to a better future for the company and the environment.
Among the responsibilities are:
- Handle AR-AP communications with clients and vendors via phone, email, and in person
- Develop internal control guidelines, policies and procedures for budget accounting, cash, and credit management, administration and other activities
- Coordinate budgeting, procurement, investment activities and financial planning
- Establish and maintain financial controls with the accounting department
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures
- Provide support to management, particularly in commercial and financial matters
- Ensure compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements and professional standards
- Manage maintenance programs for fleet vehicles and other similar programs
- Create budgets and forecasts
- Manage/generate vendor credits
- Prepare and present financial reports and risk analysis
- Manage Food Safety documentation
- Manage and/or process transactions, issue payments, and update ledgers, budgets, etc.
- Bilingual English / Spanish is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or higher