Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Opportunity for growth within the company. Update inventory on Excel as needed. Communicate Inventory daily with Procurement Specialist and Operations Manager. Overtime Available.
Count dry goods inventory at least four times a week (Monday-Thursday). Categories to be counted:
- Warehouse supplies
- Production apparel (i.e. gloves, aprons, etc)
- Miscellaneous supplies (i.e. moisture pads, overwrap, kabob sticks, etc)
- Boxes (once a week)
Maintain organization of warehouse. This includes:
- Designating an area for each dry good item at your discretion.
- Enforcing these locations by making sure production workers put everything back in the correct place in a neat and organized manner.
- Keeping the floors clear of all debris.
- Putting away all incoming deliveries in the correct place, and sometimes assist in unloading trucks as needed.
- Check incoming dry goods deliveries against purchase orders to ensure that all items are delivered as ordered. Notify dry goods buyer if anything is not delivered as ordered.
Detailed Daily Breakdown: TO BE USED AS A GUIDELINE
-Clean debris and excess raw material and empty pallet off the floor of the dry warehouse to be ready for the day.
6:30am – 7:30am
-Organize all dry warehouse by moving all items into their proper designated pallet location.
9:00am – 11:00am:
-On Count Days: Count dry goods inventory and compile a complete inventory list to be given to supervisor
-Tuesday and Thursday: While counting maintain warehouse is kept clean and orderly.
-Receive and verify all incoming dry goods against the purchase order. Put all dry goods away in the designated locations.
-Assist with unloading incoming produce deliveries as needed.
11:00am – 11:30am:
11:30am – Close of Day (Time May Vary Based on Workload):
-Other responsibilities in this time slot will vary by day based on what is required. Generally this time will be spent doing the following:
- Maintain organization of the warehouse by putting loose cases away, making sure all pallets and cases are put away in the correct locations, keeping the warehouse floor clear of debris.
- Assist the rest of the warehouse employees with unloading dry goods delivery trucks, check these deliveries against the purchase orders to ensure order accuracy, and put all delivered items away in their designated locations. Report to dry goods buyer if any dry goods deliveries differ from what is on the purchase order.
- Continually enforce the designated locations of all dry goods items – monitor production workers putting things away and make sure they are putting away all items in the proper locations. Notify production workers if you see them putting items anywhere other than their designated areas. If you see items anywhere other than their designated spots but do not see who put them there, notify production managers.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations.
- Cooperation - Helps and support to co-workers; works cooperatively in group situations; works actively to resolve conflicts.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; ability to monitor own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly.