Freshline Produce LLC., a premium fresh fruit and vegetable processor based in Mahwah, NJ is seeking a Maintenance Technician to join the team! Maintenance Technician will report to the Maintenance Manager. The Maintenance Tech will help with equipment installations, structural repairs and work orders along with other necessary duties. This position inspects all equipment, food processing machinery and makes repairs, as needed. Food Machinery repair required.
- Complete work and repair orders in a timely fashion.
- Estimate time and extent of repairs.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance.
- Assisting in the setup of ventilation, refrigeration, and other systems
- Maintain material and supply inventory.
- Performing maintenance of electrical systems
- Oversee work performed by outside contractors, as necessary.
- Maximize throughout by elimination of unscheduled downtime and achieving performance enhancements to the process and machinery
- Support all organizational initiatives and goals. Provide support for all functionalities at the facility
- Responsible for the long-range maintenance plans with all plant departments. This includes regularly communicating all plant facility plans to affect departments
- Work with other facility departments to ensure compliance to regulatory and legislative codes and company requirements
- Ensure compliance with local state and federal USDA/HACCP policies and regulations.
- Implement, train, maintain and record preventative maintenance system
- Surveying buildings and repair mechanical systems
- Previous experience in maintenance of Food Machinery or in a Manufacturing Environment.
- Working knowledge with maintenance tools, process, methods, and equipment
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Safety oriented, knowledge of State and Federal USDA/HACCP policies and regulation.
- Preferred experience in Arc and TIG welding and also electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, mechanical, and troubleshooting.
- Manual dexterity and problem-solving skills
- Good physical condition and strength with a willingness to work overtime
- Ability to prioritize tasks and follow specified procedures
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.