The Garden is a family owned and operated produce company located in beautiful, sunny Jacksonville, FL. Established in 1972, The Garden has provided fresh fruits and vegetables, along with an extensive list of specialty products, to restaurants, hotels, resorts, retail stores, and other institutions for nearly 50 years. The Garden is the largest and oldest, locally owned and operated produce distributor in north Florida servicing the low country of South Carolina, coastal Georgia, and Florida from central Florida through the state line and west to the Tallahassee area. The Garden is firmly established and takes pride in the ability to compete with any produce company while maintaining a personal, family type environment.
We now have a tremendous opportunity for a Processing Manager to join our team in Jacksonville, FL.
As the Processing Manager you will coordinate and supervise and work with our team. A key function will be daily processing, production schedules, customer requirements, adherence to our F/S, SSOP and SOP protocols, and assist in development of any new protocols. Knowledge of banana ripening and processing fresh cut fruits and vegetables is essential. The Processing Manager is responsible for procuring raw product and packaging materials, labor cost efficiency, finished product specifications, adherence to food safety requirements and leading and mentoring our processing team. Oral, written and interpersonal communication skills are crucial.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory /management experience.
- High School Diploma / GED Certificate.
- Bilingual-English/Spanish language, reading, writing.
- Knowledge of perishable produce operations and distribution.
- Demonstrated knowledge of QA/QC food safety/quality programs and processes including sanitation, GMPS.
- Microsoft Office – Excel, Word experience required.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Operational understanding of processes.
- Use problem solving skills and root cause analysis to resolve and/or migrate operational issues.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be detail-oriented, able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
Come join our family of produce loving employees and see for yourself how working for the right people can make all the difference!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.